Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Design Trend 2013: BRASS

Brass has been foretasted as a big design trend for 2013. I love the metal finishes and brass happens to be one of my favorite!

What is brass? Brass is a mixture of zinc and copper (making it an alloy), and because the amounts of zinc and copper varies, brass comes in a bunch of different shades (with different properties). Brass is strong and corrosion-resistant, so it makes a great item that needs to last a long time. Brass can be inexpensive, too!

Brass has been around for a LONG time and was really big in the 70s! My family still owns brass furniture from back then. I recently picked up a really cute brass headboard for my client from a garage sale. Brass looks great in all kinds of room, whether it's accessories, furniture, or even a wall finish. It gives even the newest items vintage appeal. I love to see brass used in the most glamorous and colorful rooms!

Here's some stylish rooms that incorporate brass. I've even included a product board of some of my favorite furniture and accessories made with brass...

Source

Source

Source

Source
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9



How much do YOU love Brass?? Do you have any brass furniture or accessories in your home? Planning on adding some soon? Be sure to drop a comment and let me know!


Did you like this post? Be sure to share it on Facebook and/or Twitter. I would also LOVE for you to follow The Décor Chronicles. You'll get all the GREAT (right?) blog posts delivered directly to your inbox. I promise there won't be any spam. Just enter your email address in the box at the top left.

You can also like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!

Till next time,

XOXO





2 comments:

  1. Crazy! I was just thinking about spray painting all of my brass door knobs satin nickel...and still might, but interesting to think that brass might be coming back in style!!

    And - yay - I can comment now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Bree!! I'm glad to see that it's working again and also scared to know how many people had trouble commenting...

      In regards to your brass door knobs, I used to hate them. Now, I've learned to appreciate them. If you want to keep them brass, I suggest bringing in more brass accents in your home so that it seems as if it's done on purpose.

      I love brass now (along with all the other metal fixtures), so I'm looking for some accents now. I don't have brass knobs, although now I kinda wish I did...

      Whitney

      Delete